Education abroad is a definite plus for jewish students. Necessity to study abroad is imposed by globalization process. It is a definite demand of time.
Advantages of Studies Abroad for Jews
Many nationalities dream its children to get educated abroad. Jewish population is among the nations that values such educational experience. Jews has been always following modern trends. Necessity to be in the mainstream of modern social processes makes students depart abroad.
Let’s summarize what advantages it brings:
- Studies abroad bring very valuable experience. Soft skills, intercultural ones included, develop quickly. A person learns to communicate with people of different outlooks.
- It is a way to become more tolerant in life. Jewish people value life. They know to respect others. Studies abroad bring additional understanding of various mentalities. They develop tolerance towards the others.
- Studies abroad are crucial because of historical reasons. There is hardly one more nation that is spread in the world as Jewish is. Jews needed to exile in many parts of the world. They suffered a lot and were killed for nothing.
- Jewish students learn history of today. Many Jews were killed by past political regimes. Today these victims are commemorated all over the world. Austrian, German, Polish governments commemorate the memory by building monuments, opening museums, halls of fame. Having educational experience abroad, Jewish students learn that today’s nations respect them. Young generation will not repeat the mistakes of their ancestors. It greatly helps to establish effective dialogue between generations.
Jews should study abroad. It widens their outlook. Students get to know new different cultures. It is an absolute advantage.
What Difficulties Jewish Students Experience During Studies Abroad
Studying abroad is not an easy experience. It has some disadvantages.
- It is not easy psychologically to study in a new environment. The world is different. The majority of European countries and the US has individualistic, rather than collective culture. People in such places can be not very open. Jews, on contrary, value human relations a lot. They value strong family ties and good friendship.
- Not all people around the world are well-educated. Jews suffered a lot. There are some Europeans or Americans, who will remind a Jewish person his nation’s tragic past.
As any matter, studies abroad for Jewish students has its benefits and risks. Though, it is worth it.
If a student feels not sure which university to choose, where to find financing, he or she should contact Jewish organizations around the world. Jews always protect their compatriots. Choose the organization, which helps Jewish people regardless of their ancestry. Aish Kodesh is one of the biggest one, for example. It helps any Jewish person with equal respect. A person can get all necessary support there. Widen your outlook! Find support from your compatriots!